CLEARFIELD – Thousands were drawn to the Central Mountains Region Antique Automobile Club of America’s 41st annual Antique and Custom Auto Show on Aug. 20 at the Clearfield Driving Park.
This year’s show was sponsored by FORD and Dotts Motor Co., of Clearfield, which had a display of vehicles on-hand for spectators to view.
Owners displayed 114 cars, trucks, vans, motorcycles and trikes. This year was a judged show event, and vehicle owners were requested to have a fire extinguisher to be judged.
The crowd was entertained by Lil’ Man Sound Production, and there was an indoor and outdoor flea market.
Vendors had an array of food for the spectators to enjoy. Boy Scout Troop 2 of Clearfield held its annual bake sale during the event.
This year’s Car of the Year was a 1984 El Camino owned by Rich and Lori Yarger of West Decatur. It was featured on this year’s annual wine by Starr Hill Vineyard and Winery.
The car classes and award winners are as follows:
- Class A, Antique Class to 1933: first place, 1930 Ford Model A, Dave Walk, Tyrone, Pa.; second place, 1931 Desoto SA, Ed Hinkle, Pleasant Gap, Pa.; and third place, 1922 Franklin Touring, Mac Dufton, Clearfield, Pa.
- Class B, Antique Class 1934-1949: first place, 1938 Pontiac DA 6 Touring, John Inlow, Clearfield, Pa.
- Class C, Antique Class 1920-1966: first place, 1965 Ford Mustang, Mike Kopera, Carrolltown, Pa.; 1955 Ford Customline, Robert and Rebecka Risbon, Altoona, Pa.; and 1966 Chevy Caprice, Bob Topinka, Philipsburg, Pa.
- Class D, Antique Class 1967-1974: first place, 1971 Buick GS, Randy Fulton, DuBois, Pa.; second place, 1967 Dodge Coronet R/T, Larry Turchetta, Altoona, Pa.; and third place, 1969 Chevy Yenko Camaro, Tony and Janet Torrell, Reynoldsville, Pa.
- Class E, Classic Class 1975-1992: first place, 1978 Pontiac Firebird, Jason Stanton, Smithmill, Pa.; second place, 1986 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme, Joel Stanton, Philipsburg, Pa.; and third place, 1978 Ford T-Bird, Don Kelly, Clearfield, Pa.
- Class F, Classic Cars 1993-2002: first place, 1966 Ford Mustang GT, Colton Silas Ralston, Glasgow, Pa., and second place, 1977 Chevy Camaro z/28, John…