If you enjoy recipes like this, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App, it’s available for both Android and iPhone and has free and paid versions. The app is loaded with thousands of allergy-friendly & vegan recipes/cooking tips, has hundreds of search filters and features like bookmarking, meal plans and more! The app shows you how having diet/health/food preferences can be full of delicious abundance rather than restrictions!
These easy, five-ingredient dark chocolate bars are made from scratch with vanilla and sliced almonds and sweetened with dates. Vegan, gluten-free and super delicious.
Dark Almond Vanilla and Chocolate Bar [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- 2 dates and 5 tablespoons of water to blend the dates
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or a teaspoon of vanilla powder
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- Melt the coconut butter in a mixing bowl over a small saucepan with a little bit of water over medium heat. Alternatively, you can use a microwave to melt the coconut butter in a mixing bowl until liquid.
- Once melted, remove from heat and add the cacao powder. The more cacao powder you use, the bitter the chocolate will be. Whisk to combine.
- Meanwhile, make the date sweetener. Blend in a blender or with an immersion blender the two dates and water until you have a syrup. Add this to your chocolate blend and whisk.
- When the mixture is completely combined add the vanilla extract and sliced almonds. Whisk to thoroughly combine.
- Taste and adjust sweetness if needed.
- Line a plate with parchment paper and pour the chocolate on top or into ice cubes molds (if you prefer chocolate blocks instead of a bar).
- Top with almonds.
- Set in the freezer to harden for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Once completely solid, break into pieces. Keep at room temperature for serving.
Total Calories: 323 | Total Carbs: 26 g | Total Fat: 24 g | Total Protein: 8 g | Total Sodium: 13 mg | Total Sugar: 10 g
And store in an airtight container or freezer bag in the fridge for 2-3…