• Here’s a video and a full transcript of Mr. Kelly’s statement.
When will the lights come back on?
• Four weeks after Hurricane Maria, 80 percent of Puerto Rico still doesn’t have electricity.
Poor planning, a slow response by utility officials and Puerto Rico’s dire financial straits contributed to a situation that would be unfathomable in the continental U.S., experts say.
• On Thursday, President Trump said his administration deserved a 10 for its handling of the crisis.
From Bush and Obama, implicit rebukes.
• Without mentioning President Trump by name, two of his predecessors delivered what sounded like pointed criticisms of him on Thursday.
In separate appearances, former Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama warned that the U.S. was being torn apart by old hatreds, and called for addressing economic anxiety through common purpose.
• Asked whether his message would be heard in the White House, Mr. Bush smiled and said, “I think it will.” Watch highlights of his speech here.
Quentin Tarantino’s regrets.
• The Hollywood director closely tied to Harvey Weinstein knew for decades about the producer’s misconduct toward women and feels ashamed, he said in an interview with our reporter Jodi Kantor.
“I knew enough to do more than I did,” Mr. Tarantino…