Council to hear outlets’ sign appeal
The City Council, after taking a meeting off on Aug. 1 for a summer break, will have a busy agenda at its 6 p.m. meeting Tuesday, Aug. 15, at City Hall.
• An appeal from the Outlets at San Clemente seeking to overturn the Planning Commission’s June 21 denial of 12 temporary banner permits for businesses at the outlet center.
• Approval of a five-year, $6.2 million contract to make Care Ambulance Service the city’s ambulance provider, operating two emergency ambulances in San Clemente.
• A proposal to lock all public restrooms west of I-5 in San Clemente from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. for a one-year trial period to reduce vandalism.
• Establishment of speed limits on Avenida La Pata at 45 mph from Calle Saluda to Camino del Rio and 50 mph from Del Rio to the city limits.
• A report on safety tips regarding coyotes from the Coastal Animal Services Authority.
Casa’s 90th birthday bash
Casa Romantica Cultural Center and Gardens invites the community to celebrate the 90th anniversary of the elegant seaside home that town founder Ole Hanson built in 1927 for his family.
A 1920s-themed party is set for 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sept. 3 at 415 Avenida Granada, San Clemente.
Admission is free, courtesy of San Clemente’s Yoder family.
There will be live jazz, a 1920s-themed costume contest, games, birthday cake and docent-led tours describing San Clemente’s early years and how the Hanson home evolved into an award-winning cultural center.
Questions? Call 949-498-2139.
Camino del Rio road work is complete
The city, on Aug. 9, announced the completion of road work on Camino del Rio that resurfaced the road, reconfigured the striping and built roundabouts at two intersections.