Proposed filming for ‘American Horror Story’ has Santa Ana businesses buzzing – Orange County Register

SANTA ANA – Word is out on the streets of downtown Santa Ana that the production company for the TV series “American Horror Story” plans to film – and close off some blocks and parking spots – around Second Street Promenade later this month.

Employees of businesses on Broadway, Sycamore and Second streets said 20th Century Fox Television representatives handed them a “notification of intended filming” earlier this week and asked them to sign paperwork.

Employees of businesses on Broadway, Sycamore and Second streets in Santa Ana said 20th Century Fox Television representatives handed them a “notification of intended filming.” The notice states they are filming scenes for the TV show, “Spring Fever,” but “American Horror Story” was written in the paperwork.

The 20th Century Fox Television notice states they are proposing to film scenes on Aug. 22 for the TV show “Spring Fever,” but “American Horror Story” was written “in the paperwork they dropped off,” said Travis Allen Raymond, a manager at Proof Bar at 215 N. Broadway.

“It was just paperwork asking for permission to film in the local area,” Raymond said on Wednesday.
“They warned us, in the back alley if you see someone run down the alley covered in blood, it’s part of the shoot. They’re going to have cameras and security, so it’s pretty legit.”

Brooke Kivowitz, listed on the 20th Century Fox Television notice as a location manager, said she could not comment on “American Horror Story.” But Kivowitz said “Yes, we’re the same ‘Spring Fever,’” show that crews shot in June in Old Towne Orange. Several business owners in Orange were also told it was “American Horror Story.”

The notice proposes full street closures to traffic, with access to those who live and work in the area, from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. Aug. 22 on:

  • Sycamore Street from Third Street going 100 feet south of Second Street
  • Second Street from Sycamore Street to Main Street
  • Broadway from 100 feet north of First Street to 100 feet south of Third Street.

It also proposes posting “no parking” signs on both sides of Second Street from Sycamore Street to Main Street and both sides of Sycamore Street from Second Street to Third Street on Aug. 22, as well as the east side of Broadway from Second Street to Third Street on Aug. 21-23.

Preparation is planned for 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Aug. 21 and breaking down the production on Aug. 23 during the same hours, according to the notice….

Read the full article from the Source…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *