Are you struggling to fix your Sony VAIO laptop issue and do not know how to proceed further? If your laptop is running on Windows 7 operating system, this article can be helpful to recover Sony VAIO laptop factory settings.
Ideally, most errors do not require you to set your laptop to its factory default settings. However, if the issue is tricky and no matter how hard you’ve tried you are still unable to bring it back to its normal functioning state, you may need to set your laptop back to its factory default settings. By doing this, you will remove all the discrepancies that have occurred and restart the functioning of the PC right from start.
Recovering the original factory settings will not only make your operating system stable, it will also resolve the issues of missing system files that may have caused the trouble in the first place. Additionally, this will permanently eliminate any virus or malware that may have become active on your laptop due to the trouble.
Go through the following simple steps to recover factory settings manually within Windows 7 operating system:
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu and select ‘All Programs’.
- Click on ‘VAIO Care’ to open the VAIO Care program.
- Select ‘Recovery and Store’ on the left side of the VAIO Care window and click on ‘Recovery’. On the right side of the program window, select ‘Recovery Computer’.
- Click on ‘yes’ to verify the recovery of your system to its factory settings and deletions of your personal files and programs. The PC will reboot and the recovery process will begin. On the completion of recovery process, restart your system again and boot up to the Windows 7 setup screen.
You can also recover your system using the recovery partition 4. Just follow these simple steps to begin the process:
- Restart your Sony VAIO laptop.
- As soon as the VAIO logo appears on the screen during system reboot, constantly press the ‘F10’ key. This will redirect you to the ‘Boot Options’…