Who’s it for?
For Novice Investors
If the thought of beginning day trading has new day traders mopping sweat from their brows and wiping sweat from their palms, they’ll be relieved to realize they can learn the ropes with a $100,000 free demo without incurring any losses before trying for real. The account minimums are low, allowing new day traders the flexibility to start small and get the hang of day trading. SureTrader devotes a section of its website to new day traders, and even mentions, word for word, “remember that even the most experienced traders were once newbies themselves.”
For Advanced Traders
Any advanced trader will recognize the value of the no pattern day trading rules and run with it, but it’s possible that once they hit the $25,000, they’ll be gone. Professional traders will also appreciate SureTrader Desktop/SureTrader Pro. Orders can be placed quickly, and advanced charting and other advanced features (hot keys, anyone?) will make any seasoned day trader happy. Plus, shares of short and pink sheet stocks will also make advanced traders fall in love with SureTrader, as not every broker these kinds of options.
Commissions and Fees
- Options commission is $4.95 +$0.50 per contract
- $500 for cash account, $500 for margin account
- No ECN (routing) fees with new commission rates
|Volume per month||Per Share Rate||Per Trade Minimum and Maximum|
|0-250,000||$0.01 with $4.95 per trade||$50 per trade maximum|
|250,001-500,000||$0.008 with $3.95 per trade||$50 per trade maximum|
|500,001-750,000||$0.006 with $2.95 per trade||$50 per trade maximum|
|750,001-1,000,000||$0.004 with $1.95 per trade||$50 per trade maximum|
For volumes over $1,000,000 and up: Contact ActiveTrader@SureTrader.com
- Margin or equity call fees are an additional $25 per trade.
- Option exercise or assignment are charged $25 each.
- Trade Fee 1: $0.0000256 of the total dollar amount of securities sold. It’s assessed for all sell orders and is added to any total commissions charged.
- Trade Fee 2: $0.000119 per share of securities sold ($0.002 per option contract) with a maximum of $5.95 per trade. This fee is the FINRA TAF fee and is assessed on all sell orders and is added to any total commission charged.
- $40 fee for outgoing funds
- $50 inactivity fee (charged quarterly if customer is under 15 trades)
- Hard to borrow short locate fees are passed on to the client, and the fees vary.
- Overnight short fee: 0.5% fee…