~ From our beginnings in 1927, Carolina Biological Supply Company has grown to become a leading supplier of science teaching materials. ~
Today, from our headquarters in Burlington, North Carolina, we serve customers worldwide, including teachers, professors, home-school educators, and professionals in health and science-related fields.
Carolina Biological Supply Company is currently seeking a Technician, Live Biology Group.
- Reads, picks, and packs materials according to customer orders.
- Assists in the timely fulfillment of customers’ orders with high quality specimens and equipment used in the teaching and study of genetics, zoology, biology, and related fields.
- Collects living organisms from local fields, woods, ponds, and streams as instructed by supervisor.
- Assembles customer orders from stock, checks outgoing materials for quality; inserts them into containers and fills containers with protective packing material.
- Monitors and maintains inventory of all stock items and packages components to be sold as kits, assembles customer orders from stock, and helps with maintaining healthy cultures.
- Interacts with supervisors and with customers to obtain or relay information concerning prices, costs, product availability, product information, and assists in problem solving.
- Assists with planting, harvesting, tagging, preparing, and testing genetic plants such as tobacco, corn, greenhouse plants, etc.
- Assists with other departmental duties as needed. These include but are not limited to preparing drosophila vials, pulling orders, distributing orders to appropriate section of the department, preparing diet, caring for cultures, and any other help needed in designated areas of the group.
- Assists in periodic physical inventories.
- Strives to maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Handles hazardous material as necessary following standard procedures as determined by the department head in consultation with safety/health/environmental manager and maintains appropriate records for the department in accordance with State and Federal law. Also maintains appropriate hazmat records for the department.
- Other duties may be assigned as directed by supervisor.
- Some evening, holiday, and weekend work may be required.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED. Three months to 1 year training or experience.
- Experience: Science background helpful.
- Specialized Training/Skills: N/A.